Friday 23 July 2010

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes

Hmm.

So it seems that time of the year has come round again. You know, that time when you feel you want to change everything in your life. From the colour and cut of your hair to the people you hang around with and from the job that you do to the place that you live. You know that feeling yeah?

well that's where im at.

Of course this happens with relative frequency. I'll decide that im not happy or satisfied with X,Y and Z, il make some radical change and then I'll regret it. Why is that?

I was speaking to a friend this morning and he said something along the lines of it being important that you see the world for what it is and not what you want/need it to be. He also waxed lyrical on his belief that relying on other people in these times of self doubt was not the way to go. This makes sense. But the question is how to put all this information/advice/whatever you want to call it into practice?

Im all about the positive thinking and the being honest with oneself but im also all about the over analysing and getting depressed bit. Deary me i hear you cry. Of course, perhaps if i were to wallow a little less in the bath of self doubt i might get somewhere.

But how do i stop doubting myself? which ever road I take, it doesnt seem to be quite right and then I run back to the familiar and the comforting. This is excuciatingly irritating. Maybe, in the immortal words of a popular Baz Luhrman song, I should do something each day that scares me.

Today I have had to get rid of a lot of maggots. Do you think that counts?

I shall start planning for tomorrow's scary thing. This at least might be a good place to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment